About This Blog

This blog consists of hours and hours of research for resources on topics we are studying and useful information I've gathered along the way. I've made this site available for fellow homeschooling families as to save them valuable time in locating resources. Consider subscribing, there are plenty of gems yet to come! If you would like me to add resources on a particular topic, please let me know.

.

.

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal – 5/20/11

0

| By : Shannan | In :

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal is hosted by The Homeschool Chick. Click the link or the button below to see how you can participate and/or to read other link ups.  
The Homeschool Mother's Journal  
In my life this week...
My life has been crazy for the last several weeks.  Between school and housekeeping, we finally have our new newsletter out and two new videos made, there is new ministry "stuff" going on all over the place,  I've had my hands full!

In our homeschool this week...
We're finally back on track after a few weeks of random teaching.   Each of our children were challenged to become proficient in their own ministry area, my youngest daughter chose clowning, my oldest hasn't decided yet so she is just pitching in everywhere.  So we've added quite a few things to our homeschool study. 

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We were in town on Monday at a park near the police station, the girls asked to see inside the jail.  Because they didn't have any prisoners at the moment they were gladly invited in.  The jail is over 100 years old too.  What fun!  It never hurts to ask. 

We are just a few weeks from completing our assignment here so we are getting ready to head back to MN for intineration and preparation for our next assignment, the girls are excited to see their friends from "back home."   So I'm sure we'll be taking a few weeks off as we travel and visit.

My favorite thing this week was...

Well, since I haven't been doing this for a few weeks I'm voting for Mother's day.  We went up to the largest waterfall in Nebraska, Smith Falls. It was fun to romp around in the State Park.

What's working/not working for us...

School, the fact that its happening, is working just fine.

Homeschool questions/thoughts...

Because we have to stop schooling to handle ministry responsibilities (traveling, packing, moving, visiting, writing, editing, etc.) I'm always worried that we are falling behind.  Because of all the time off we have throughout the year we need to homeschool year-round, but I still feel behind.   It's a hard thing to overcome, even though I know were not failing. 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...





www.ThielAcademy.blogspot.com

Comments (0)

NOTICE

This website is a collection of resources. All information on this site is copyrighted either by myself or the respective owners. Unless noted otherwise, you may not copy any image, document or post for anything other than personal use. My copyrighted items may not be distributed or compiled in any form, but you are welcome to link to my posts or blog.