About This Blog

This blog consists of hours and hours of research for resources on topics we are studying and useful information I've gathered along the way. I've made this site available for fellow homeschooling families as to save them valuable time in locating resources. Consider subscribing, there are plenty of gems yet to come! If you would like me to add resources on a particular topic, please let me know.

.

.

Slant Boards

0

| By : Shannan | In : ,

I have been increasingly interested in using slant boards for the girls.

When I was in my elementary years, my school had the old slant desks complete with ink wells! I never realized what a blessing that was until I entered middle school and used flat desks, I found myself climbing up on my seat to sit on my feet so I could hunch over the desk to see what I was working on and to lesson the stress on my wrist.


Today you can purchase "slant boards" or "desk easels" in a variety of materials and ranging in price from $30 to $200 or more.

With 2 children home and being on a tight budget, we opted for a cheaper route! For $5 or less you can make your own, maybe even free if you have all the items already. All you need is a 4 inch binder and a few heavy duty black binder clips. That's it, you're ready to go!

Here is a picture of the one I made for my daughter after I caught her writing with her wrist bent (a sign of fatigue.) I didn't have a really large three ring binder, so I clipped a few together. To hold a paper or coloring book in place you can use the heavy duty black binder clips, glue a clipboard clip on the top or wrap a large rubber band around the one side of the binder. Try it and let me know how it works for you!

Comments (0)

NOTICE

This website is a collection of resources. All information on this site is copyrighted either by myself or the respective owners. Unless noted otherwise, you may not copy any image, document or post for anything other than personal use. My copyrighted items may not be distributed or compiled in any form, but you are welcome to link to my posts or blog.